Why do we collect any information?
It is necessary for us to ensure that each user to the site is registered. This is necessary for a number of reasons:
- To protect your identity by ensuring that only permitted local residents gain access to sensitive areas of the site.
- So that we may restrict your member detail visiblity based on your profile settings.
- So that we may notify you via email of news, events etc, as they are added to the site - as determined by the profile settings you choose.
- So that you may view your neighbours contact details (if they choose to allow this) and they can feel secure in the knowledge that their information will only ever be displayed to a neighbour in their street and not a member of the general public.
- So that undesireable elements cannot gain anything but extremely limited access with no access to member information.
- So that you may submit crime reports securely.
- So that you may submit postings to the forum if you choose to do so.
Information you provide
The information you provide is used to enable us to assign roles within the website such as Administrator, Author, Coordinator, etc, and and your subsequent access rights within the site. These roles determine the level of priveliges such as creating news items and events.
For the majority of members, it allows them to be able to create and view incident reports, make forum postings, view documents, view contact details and find out when and where SNW events will be held.
Information collected from you with technology
We do not and will not collect any information other than that you supplied when you registered.
What are cookies and how do we use them?
How do we use the personally identifiable information that has been collected?
We use personally identifiable information in a limited number of ways.
- We use the information to enable us to help ascertain our membership numbers.
- We use your information if you enter an incident report so that we may contact you should there be any questions regarding it's detail.
- Information we collect is used to send you e-mail updates and newsletters about our site - if you have set this in your profile.
Do we share information with companies or other organisations?
No. If a situation ever arises whereby we feel there is a need to share your information and that this need is for your benefit, then your explicit permission would have to be sought and granted in order for this to occur.
What choices do I have about you collecting and using my information?
Once you have registered with us and your membership (read identity) has been established, you have the opportunity at anytime you are logged on to limit e-mail communications from us to those items that you are interested in. Should you wish, you may also hide your contact details from your neighbours. Although we do not suggest this as a good idea, we appreciate that some members will wish to maintain their privacy.
What type of security do you provide?
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our members is of utmost concern to us. This website employs the latest technology to protect all members' information. There are some things that you can do to help protect the security of your information as well. For instance, never give out your password. Also, remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you finish surfing the Web when you are at work or are using a computer accessible to the public, so that other people using the same computer won't have access to your information. When using a publicly accessible computer, do not click the 'remember me' checkbox when logging on.
How can I access my member account information?
If you are a registered member, you can review and update your options from the link we send to you at the bottom of all email communications. You can also access your account information here..
If you need further assistance, please click here..